CoVID 19 UPDATE – 5th January
Chadwicks & Blackpool Power Tools will remain fully open as normal during the third national lockdown in England.
Government have confirmed that the building and construction sector should continue to work during this period. As a key part of your supply chain, we will strive to remain open as an essential service helping the nation’s tradespeople to continue to work. Government have also confirmed that provided they follow social distancing rules tradespeople will be allowed to enter people’s homes, and we stand by to help you continue to operate as close to normal as possible.
All of our branches follow strict social distancing and hygiene guidelines and are accredited as Covid-Secure. During this period, they will continue to operate as they have done over the summer months.
We will closely monitor the local situation and if needed will adjust the services offered to ensure the safety of our customers and colleagues.
It will continue to be mandatory for all customers visiting our shop area to wear a face covering for the duration of their visit. We would like to thank our customers for observing the rules, helping to ensure both their safety and the safety of our colleagues, and for keeping Britain building.
Mandatory face coverings
In accordance with the recent government announcements, it is mandatory for all customers visiting our shop area to wear a face covering for the duration of their visit. Thank you for your cooperation.
We are fully open. We have redesigned our services and introduced new measures, ensuring they are safe and follow all the advice from Public Health authorities.
- We will always contact you before delivery to make sure that your circumstances haven’t changed and that the site is safe to deliver to
- All deliveries will be kerbside only and must be done within social distancing guidelines
- Any goods that would originally be determined as a two-person lift will instead be on a pallet and offloaded to the kerbside
- Our driver will always contact you by telephone when arriving on site
- All of your paperwork will be taped to pallets / goods on your delivery
- No signatures will be required, our drivers will print your name and will take a photo of the offloaded delivery (unless permission is refused) and the delivery ticket will be emailed to you where we have your details
- Call us and arrange a collection in advance, this will save you time and guarantee collection
- Our branch gates may be closed if so a colleague will let you in when it is safe to do so
- We will direct you to a parking area while your order is prepared / brought to the loading area
- Goods will be brought to you and you will be directed where to load
- Please remain in your vehicle at all times, whilst on site unless told it is safe to load your vehicle
- Proof of collections will be emailed to you
- We are unable to handle any cash; therefore, all payments are to be made by card unless a trade account is held
Safe in-branch operations
- Clear signage indicating safe distancing and hygiene rules
- Floor markings to indicate 2m zones for customers and colleagues
- Limiting access to each area
- Dedicated hand sanitiser stations
- Social distancing measures in office areas
- Detailed instructions on how to maintain cleanliness and hygiene standards
The following process should be taken for orders:
- Ring or email the branch with your order
Our absolute priority remains the safety of our colleagues, customers and the communities in which we serve. We will only be operating if our colleagues feel they can do so within the guidelines, they are empowered to make local decisions to ensure safety is not compromised and we ask you respect and adhere to these new processes.
We would like to thank our customers, colleagues and business partners for their support and patience through these very difficult times.